Reliable Services for Your Commercial Furnace
When you need trusted furnace maintenance, there is no other name to rely on. Contact Redding Heating & Air today about commercial furnace maintenance in Redding, CA and the surrounding areas. Dial 530-223-1332 to get started.
Furnace Efficiency and Maintenance
Regardless of fuel type, you’re going to want to consider how efficiently your furnace heats your property. Furnaces all must come with an Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE) rating that explains everything you need to know. This rating is for both commercial and residential spaces. For the most part, higher ratings equate to less fuel consumed. How do you know if your furnace is energy-efficient? There are several guidelines to reference, such as a mid-efficiency furnace operates at 80%-83% while a high-efficiency furnace operates closer to 96% and so on.
The best way to ensure the most efficiently operating furnace is by sticking with regular and continual maintenance. The Redding Heating & Air contractors and technicians are the best teams to rely on when you need furnace maintenance. Without maintenance and repairs, your furnace or HVAC system could fail sooner than necessary, resulting in excess amounts of money wasted on your end. So how important is furnace maintenance? Let’s break down the time to recoup the cost of buying a new, more efficient unit:
- Determine how much you already pay for your gas/oil or electric costs. Perform this calculation by multiplying your total gas or electric bill by 12. Tip: you can have your utility company come out to evaluate your furnace. They should be able to give you a good estimate of how much of your utility cost comes from your furnace versus the rest of your property.
- Calculate the price of your furnace including installation.
- Subtract any government incentives or rebates. You’ll need information from your utility company and/or furnace manufacturer for this amount to get the final cost of your furnace.
- Take a look at the yellow tag on your new furnace. This tag should give you an estimate of how much energy it will use annually, based on usage for an average commercial space or house.
- Multiply this number by the cost of energy for your area. You should be able to get this information from your utility bill.
- Subtract the cost of operating your new furnace for a year versus operating your old furnace for a year.
- Divide the final cost of your furnace by the energy cost savings. That way you find out how many years it will take for the furnace to pay for itself in energy savings.
- If it will take more than 10 years to get to your break-even point, you may want to go with a cheaper, less-efficient alternative. Also, consider that efficiency goes beyond the quality of your furnace. You can improve the system’s efficiency by making less expensive repairs like sealing leaky ductwork and adding more insulation.
Schedule With Us Today
For more information about furnace maintenance, furnace repairs, and even furnace installation services, call us today. Dial 530-223-1332_ to get started with commercial furnace maintenance in Redding, CA.[righteous-reviews checkins-tagged=’furnaces’][righteous-reviews reviews-tagged=’furnaces’]