The Official Community’s Choice program recognizes exceptional local businesses throughout the region. Selections are in the hands of our readers, allowing them to shine a spotlight on their favorite local businesses. Winners of the awards represent some of the finest the region has to offer and can use this prestigious award to promote their business all year round!
How Does It Work?
Each year, the Best of North State Community’s Choice Awards recognizes more than 540 businesses and organizations. The awards program starts with public nominations, and from the top five nominees in each category, the voting round selects the finalists and winners.
The Official Community’s Choice program is divided into two voting rounds: the nomination voting round and the top five voting round. During the nomination voting round, voters visit redding.com/contests and nominate their favorite businesses. At the end of the nomination voting round, all the nominations are tallied and the top five nominees in each category move on to the top five voting round. Readers are then invited to cast their votes to obtain the winners! The top three finalists are featured in a Best of the Best special publication. Last year, over 164,800 total votes were cast.
Groups and Categories
- Beauty & Health
- Entertainment & Leisure
- Home & Home Services
- Kids & Education
- Sports & Fitness
- Top Employers
- Vehicles, Dealers & Services
- June 5, 2023 through June 26, 2023: nomination selling round.
- July 3, 2023 through July 24, 2023: nomination voting round.
- August 9, 2023 through August 30, 2023: top five selling round.
- September 8, 2023 through September 22, 2023: top five voting round.
- September 29, 2023 through October 27, 2023: top three selling round.
- Section Publishes on December 17, 2023
We offer deeply discounted advertising packages to help get your business nominated and voted on. Winners also receive discounted rates for the entire year! See your sales representative for details.