The summer season is rough here in Redding. That is why it is so important to have a reliable air conditioner in the house. With this system, you can at least trust in the fact that your home will remain a safe haven from the heat.
But what if your AC isn’t up to the task?
If you are noticing something is making it harder or even impossible for your cooling system to do its job, then it is time to reach out to us for an air conditioner repair in Redding, CA. Here are the warning signs of trouble that you should know.
5 Warning Signs That Your AC Is in Trouble
Having issues staying cool in your house? If the thermostat is set correctly, then you may have a bigger problem on your hands. Watch out for these indicators to figure out if you need to call us for service.
- The air conditioner has started to make concerning noises: If you’ve spent a decent amount of time in your home, you likely know which noises are normal from your AC. Beyond this, however, new and worrying sounds are worth a call to a technician to check things out. Don’t ignore sounds like ongoing clicking, hissing, screeching, or rattling.
- The AC is producing less cool air than before: This is a big one. An air conditioner that isn’t cooling your house properly is one that needs to get checked out ASAP. You maybe have a fan problem, a refrigerant leak, or another issue that needs to be resolved.
- You notice your air conditioner shutting off after only a few minutes: The AC turns on and you breathe a sigh of relief, expecting cool air to flood the room. The problem is that you only feel a slight puff of cool air before the system shuts off after only a few minutes. This is referred to as short cycling and is a big issue that requires prompt, expert service to address it before it costs you your entire air conditioner.
- The AC is leaking: Your AC uses refrigerant that is cycled through a closed-loop system to cool things down. There is no water involved, aside from the condensation that is collected and drained outside of the house. If you notice water or fluid leaking from the indoor or outdoor parts of the AC, it is not normal and should prompt a call to our experts.
- Airflow out of the air handlers or vents is very weak. You know that your AC is on and running but you can barely feel any air entering the rooms. Whether weak airflow is plaguing one area of the house or the entire home, you should get your AC checked out. This may indicate a clogged filter or leaky ductwork.
If you are having issues getting your air conditioner to keep your home cool, don’t hesitate to call us! You shouldn’t have to sweat your way through summer.
Contact the experts at Redding Heating & Air for your next AC repair. Giving You the Comfort of Your Home.