We know that thinking about upgrading your heater is likely one of the last things you want to do right now. You likely want to focus on getting your gift list taken care of, preparing food, or decorating your house. However, we’d say that getting these things done in a nice, warm home is going to be far better than doing so in a cold house.
If you need a new heating system, we’d suggest getting this taken care of ASAP. To find out what your options are for your next heating system replacement in Redding, read on!
What Heating Systems Are Out There?
If you need a new heater, you shouldn’t feel forced to stick with the same type of heating system you had before. You will want to choose the system that meets your home’s heating needs best. Here’s what you should know about your options:
- Gas furnaces: This type of heater burns natural gas to create heat. Natural gas is a clean-burning fuel which makes this a highly efficient heating system. If you have a gas line connection then it may be a good idea to opt for this type of heater.
- All-electric furnaces: All furnaces use electricity to function, but all-electric furnaces use electrical resistance to create heat. This is highly eco-friendly but can prove expensive if you are in an area with higher electricity prices.
- Heat pumps: A heat pump is going to pay off the best if you need both a heater and AC in your home. These systems move heat, rather than create it, which makes them one of the most efficient options out there.
- Ductless systems: Don’t have ductwork? That’s okay! If you are ready to ditch the space heater and get a real whole-house heater in your home, you can install a ductless system. Ductless units consist of multiple air handlers and operate off heat pump technology, meaning they will provide year-round comfort too.
Let’s Make Sure You Need a Replacement
Whether you have a good idea of what kind of heater you’d like to install or you need help making the choice, we can provide the information you need. This can include determining whether or not you actually need a replacement.
Getting a replacement is no small task. Make sure to work with your technician to identify the signs you actually need a system upgrade such as:
- Age: Between 12 to 15 years, your heater will need an upgrade.
- Efficiency: Steady efficiency loss indicates a heater on its last leg.
- Temperature: A heater that can’t heat is one that isn’t worth keeping
- Repairs: Frequent or overly expensive repairs are a sign of a heater that needs to retire.
If you suspect that a repair won’t cut it this time, then you may want to ask our experts about getting a new heater instead. When you work with us, you’ll always enjoy trustworthy, quality service.
Schedule your heating system needs with Redding Heating & Air. Giving You the Comfort of Your Home.